Crane Aid Major Service
Scope of Service
THE SERVICE ITSELF WILL INCLUDE:
- The inspection of all mechanical electrical components.
- Implementing whatever running adjustments can be made on the spot.
- Opening of all gearboxes inspection covers for inspection, where available.
- Opening of all electrical motors inspection covers for inspection and cleaning, where available.
- Stripping of all wheels on crane, for inspection.
DETAILED BREAKDOWN OF INSPECTION SERVICE:
Structure and Condition of Crane
- Crane welds to be NDT inspected. *
- Cabin and mounting to be NDT inspected. *
- Crab welds to be NDT inspected. *
* – Optional as agreed by Customer
Wheels and Shafts
- Crane and crab to be jacked up and wheels to be removed for inspection of wheels, shafts and bearings.
- All gearbox inspection covers to be opened to inspect all bearings and internal gears, where available.
Electric Motors and Control Panels
- All motor inspection covers to be opened for inspection, cleaning and Insulation Testing.
- All Electric control panels to be opened, all control equipment to be thoroughly inspected and the panels and equipment cleaned.
- All Electrical junction boxes to be opened, all connections checked and all equipment cleaned.
- All Brakes to be stripped for inspection of wear of all brake linings, pins and moving parts.
Rope Drums / Chain / Sheaves
- Load Ropes to be wound from the drums.
- Rope drums to be cleaned and inspected for wear on rope grooves.
- Load ropes to be inspected.
Limits and Safety Devices
- Inspection of all limit switches on the hoist and travel motions for wear or damaged parts.
- Load limiting device to be inspected and tested.
- Emergency stop to be tested.
- Bottom blocks sheaves to be inspected.
- Bottom hooks pop marks to be inspected.
- Bottom hooks thrust bearings to be inspected.
- Bottom block hook / hooks to be inspected.
We service all Sub-Saharan African countries. Please contact Head Office on 011 748 1000 / 0800 015 659 for further assistance on your enquiry.